Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - All Time Favourite Books



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

For this week's TTT, I have decided to spin it and do all time favourite book series as I am so tempted to put Dangerous Girls AGAIN for the forty-whatth time?

(I know we haven't really been posting as much but our lovely teachers have decided to load us with tests and tests during the oncoming week, not to forget that they also give us 800 word essays two times in a row, *ahem*.)

10. You know what? I cannot freaking be bothered to fill number 10. (I did this from 1 up and I wrote the ending before I came to 10.) 10 can be anything you want. It's probably Gallagher Girls or The Infernal Devices but it is now 20:35 and I have stuff to do. (But don't let my sleep deprived tone stop you from reading the rest. Please, carry on reading and ignore my one off rudeness.)

9. Under The Never Sky: Under the Never SkyThrough the Ever NightInto the Still Blue - Such a handful to type and link. I got introduced to this series by a friend and I wasn't so keen on it at first, but oh my, once you really get into it, it is so hard to stop.

8. Vampire Academy: Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, Last Sacrifice - 6 books, wow. This is the latest series that I've read I think and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it even after having many complaints about the last few books.

7. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire - Jesus Christ, 6 books again! This is #7 partly because it took 6 books - 3000 pages for Clary and Jace to do the great deed. It's also because 6 books is an awfully big number for a series.

6. Trylle: Switched, Torn, Ascend - A trilogy about trolls...Trolls that look like human if that makes sense? These books were definitely something different and I loved this series and all the characters, especially Loki.

5Divergent: DivergentInsurgentAllegiant - The dystopian world was such an intriguing one to read about, and the anticipation of the final book almost killed me.

4. The Hunger Games: The Hunger GamesCatching FireMockingjay,  - I know for most people, THG will be #1 but I guess for me, I read it after the majority of people so I didn't feel as connected to the series as everyone else did. I also didn't like Peeta that much - Katniss outshone him in like everything. However, I am majorly excited to watch Mockingjay Part I though which comes out in 2 months time!!

3. Legend: Legend, ProdigyChampion - I have so much love for Legend, and so much admiration for June and Day. They are the most kick-ass pair ever. June would put Katniss to shame and Day would probably have a close fight with Tobias.

2. Lux: Obsidian, Onyx, Opal, Origin, Opposition - I wouldn't have found this series without Ellie, and I'm still not sure if it's really number 2, I think it's number 1 but I can't let Hush, Hush go. This series was just outstanding all the way throughout. The ideas, plots, characters, romances, relationships, everything.

1. Hush, Hush: Hush, Hush, CrescendoSilence, Finale - This was my all time favourite series for five years straight, however when I re-read it (which I shouldn't have done), it wasn't the great series I made it out to be in my head. Nora and Patch's relationship was exciting and swoon worthy, but quite...flat. It was still an incredible read, nonetheless.

I haven't added pictures to make this post all nice looking because I have no time. Literally. My lights have already been turned off (boarding school bedtime) and I'm not even meant to be on my laptop and I'm meant to have turned my lamp off 25 minutes ago and I'm meant to add a shit load of commas in this paragraph and I'm not meant to swear on a blog post and I'm meant to have already brushed my teeth and I'm meant to get at least 8 hours worth of sleep which I never do and my room mate isn't meant to be up either and  I'm meant to be sleeping soundly and and and and

Good Night.

-C E L I N E
.

No comments:

Post a Comment