Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Dark Artifices Snippets!


We all know that Cassandra Clare has another Shadowhunter series coming out and then two more trilogies after that (seriously woman, where are you going to stop?!), and no matter how many of us think that she has dragged this Shadowhunter world on for too long (ahem), none of us can deny that we're looking forward - even the tiniest bit - for The Dark Artifices to come out.

Luckily for us, Clare has posted some snippets of the book for us to fangirl/boy over!

#1
Emma swallowed. She was remembering Julian, two years ago, standing in the overlapping circles of fire where the parabatai ritual was performed. The look on his face as they each stepped into the central circle and the fire rose up around them, and he unbuttoned his shirt to let her touch the stele to his skin and carve the rune that would bind them together for their whole lives. She knew if she just reached out now, she could touch it, touch the rune cut into his shoulder, the rune she had put there …

#2
Mark whirled on them. His eyes were blind, unseeing. “You bring the twins in front of me and you kill them over and over. My Ty, he doesn’t understand why I can’t save him. You bring me Dru and when she laughs to see the fairytale castle, all ringed round with hedges, you throw her against the thorns until their pierce her small body. And you bid me wash in Octavian’s blood for the blood of an innocent child is magic under the Hill.” 

#3
Now he looked at her sideways. “You don’t think I look like a Shadowhunter any more?”
“Do you want to?” Cristina asked.
“I want to look like my family,” Mark said. “I cannot have the Blackthorn coloring, but I can look as much like Nephilim as possible. Besides, if I wish to be part of the investigation, I cannot stand out.”
Cristina held back from telling Mark that there was no world in which he didn’t stand out. “I can make you look like a Shadowhunter.”

2015 HURRY UP ALREADY.

{SOURCE: http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/tagged/TDA-snippets}

-C E L I N E

No comments:

Post a Comment